Monday 3 October 2011

The Creative process - Abstract art #iPhoneArt

I keep aiming for a Sunday post and failing...but my life seems to be ruled right now by my digestive system and my Fibro brain and I suspect that the two aren't mutaully exclusive.

Previously I've focused on iPhone photos and I still have a LOT of images from my day down at the Dock that are waiting to be played with. Yesterday though was a yucky day and my muse tends to leave me alone when my body and brain have me at their mercy. Just before bed I started to play with Flow Paper.
This is a lovely app, @missypoem  (see her Posterous here.) has been doing some lovely sketches with it and a few iPA peeps do great things with it too. 

Here's the final image -
'The Road to Nowhere.'
Road_to_nowhere_watermarked_and_framed

It started with me trying to achieve a smoky effect with Flowpaper. Then I used a few Scratchcam filters, Scratchcam can take a while, not because it's slow but because the filters are so random, though you can save your favourites. Then I started playing with some art effect apps - 

Artista Oil - I love this app and the variety you can achieve with it, but it didn't like my Flowpaper sketch this time so...on to;
Auto Painter - I tried both versions and this DOES take a while, but it's interesting to watch the process. Not happy with any of the results so;
Shock My Pic - I can't link to the iTunes store for this because iTunes search has decided they don't have it...I LOVE this app. SImple but effective and very easy to use. I got a few images that I like with this, for blending with, I tend to use;
HDR fix - Because it's quick and I like the slider to choose the degree of blending of one to the other. There's probably another app that does this and more, but at the moment necessity has made me a creature of habit. Plus when I tried to update apps on my phone last night, it said there wasn't enough room! *Gasp* Please hurry iPhone 5...
Next came filters in Photo Studio and more blending of the results with HDR fix. Then finally, another of my favourites;
Camera+ : Which is ON SALE at the moment, so snap it up if you haven't already got it. In this I used the 'Back light' filter and the framing option. Then I used my preferred Watermarking app;
iWatermark - (sheesh Apple, your 'search' tool sucks) Though the eagle eyed amongst you will know that I usually forget to use it...
Here are some of the images produced in the above process, created as usual with Strip Designer
Road_to_nowhere_strip_1
The first black and white image is the original Flowpaper drawing.
Road_to_nowhere_strip_2

Hope this made a change from the usual Liverpool Tourism advert ;)

NB - I only recently noticed that feedburner wasn't working, my apologies :( it's now fixed (I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment