Tuesday 26 July 2011

#inkpad play Vector art...

P887

After getting enthusiastic feedback for the previous post I've continued my doodling art play. I was lucky enough to receive a Bamboo stylus to use with my iPad for my birthday so I used that and the Inkpad app.
I've been busy putting together some ideas I have for a new site and have been learning (or trying to learn) about vector layers and their importance when it comes to using text in a design. I've been creating a logo and header and I used my usual Paint Shop Pro, but alas that programme can't save as a PDF thingy something file so if I wanted to create a business card or similar from the designs they'll be fuzzy. So, I need to get to grips with Photoshop Elements. But Fibro brain isn't cooperating with that plan... Remembering that I have a vector drawing app on my iPad (Inkpad) I thought I'd see if Fibro brain could cope with a doodle or two created with that instead. It means thinking in a whole different way, or does for me, so it was a little frustrating at first, but I'm quite pleased with this drawing. I was hoping that the text tool in Inkpad would have the versatility of a desktop programme but alas it doesn't. So I'm still going to have to learn PSE...I have a book with lessons in...but I'm too impatient! I want to have the knowledge delivered to my brain directly, Matrix style.

A question for those out there with more knowledge of this subject than I (not difficult as I'm sure you've realised) do the online vector conversion sites do a good enough job for printing small scale items like buttons and stickers? Thanks...in advance.

*PS - Nel I salute you! And Blu. You guys are so encouraging and I'm lucky to have you out there. Thanks ever so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive