Sunday 16 January 2011

Pain - Trying to live with #Fibro

In the brief moments when I slept, some evil soul ripped the skin from my body and replaced it.
What followed next was a thorough beating.
My skin is not my own.
It shrieks at the touch of cotton nightwear.
My muscles and bones ache with a deep dull constant hum that cannot be ignored.
I feel nauseous.
Disorientated.
My body temperature alternates between shivers and flashes of heat.
I do not wish to be here in this moment.
Pain is a terrifying companion.
You adjust to it's constant murmur and sudden spikes, the tender parts that silently scream when someone touches you.
But there's always that vague fear, buried just beneath the surface, that it's waiting to possess you utterly.
It possesses you in such a way that you have no way to distract yourself from it.
It tears at you, moving from one place to the next, ignoring all attempts at appeasement.
I do not wish to be here.
I. Do. Not.

(There'll be radio silence for a while. Hope this explains why.)
S

Posted via email from ArtyFibroGeek

No comments:

Post a Comment