Saturday 29 January 2011

Artist Statement...and CV

I'm finally trying to get my head around writing about myself and my art...there's an open exhibition next month near here and I need to look at least slightly organised. (If I'm well enough to get there of course ;)

I realise as I research this that the email I sent to another local gallery recently was woefully inadequate and I'll not be surprised if I don't hear from them...

During my copying and pasting of tips, dug up via Google obviously, I stumbled upon an artist statement generator. Here's mine;

"Through my work I attempt to examine the phenomenon of Pink Panther as a methaphorical interpretation of both Matisse and transforming.
What began as a personal journey of Damnism has translated into images of cherries and Foot that resonate with white people to question their own purpleness.
My mixed media colour embody an idiosyncratic view of Dalai Lama, yet the familiar imagery allows for a connection between Steve McQueen, trees and mangoes.
My work is in the private collection of Mr X who said 'Gosh!, that's some real fascinating Art.'
I am a recipient of a grant from Folsom Prison where I served time for stealing mugs and tie clips from the gift shop of The Dali. I have exhibited in group shows at None and Liverpool Tate, though not at the same time. I currently spend my time between my recliner and Berlin."

THIS IS A JOKE STATEMENT. Make your own here.

Posted via email from ArtyFibroGeek

No comments:

Post a Comment