Thursday 12 May 2011

#Fibro - Awareness Day

P1036

I had a life once.
A career too. One I was good at.
I made a difference.
Now I'm incredibly lucky if I manage to leave the house once a week, usually it's much less than that.
Not only is my Fibro severe but it's flaring in a scary way right now due to gallstones and an inflamed gallbladder.
Pain levels are off the chart.
There are lots different pains;
Achey rheumatic type joint pains (everywhere);
Pulled muscle pains;
Nerve pains;
Broken bone pains;
Sensitive skin that screams in agony when clothing touches it;
Tender points that make even the lightest of touches from another person agony and often result in an involuntary scream of pain;
In the midst of all these I can still identify the Gallbladder pains. They're different. I'm a pain expert.
But that's just the tip of the Fibro iceberg.

We don't sleep much. Some medicos still consider Fibro to be primarily a sleep disorder. The combination of non-restorative sleep and all those constant pain signals that the brain has bombarding it 24 hours a day mean we're tired.
Not just a bit tired though, not the 'I've had a busy and satisfying day' kind of tired but the wake up in the morning more exhausted than when you went to bed tired.
The kind of tired where picking up a mug of tea seems beyond you.
The kind of tired where having a shower is the achievement of the day and requires a nap to recover from. Heck brushing my teeth and washing my face needs a thirty minute sit down to help me cope with the physical exertion.
And yes, there's more. Of course there's more.
But it can wait.
I'm tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment