Friday 1 October 2010

Would you argue with this cat @michaelNobbs ? Managing time to be creative.

I have very little energy...or spoons as we fatigue fighters will often refer to it and I struggle to cope with it. I was lucky enough to do a 16 day pain management programme at the Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery some time ago and one of the main mantras there is 'Targeting & Pacing'

But I suck at pacing. Oh I can set targets...but pace myself? Just over 3 years with this illness and I'm still not dealing with it very well... A talented tweep Matthew Watkins pointed me in the direction of Michael Nobbs another talented chap who's being creative despite having ME/CFS.

Michael's site is jam packed with useful tips for those of us short on energy, but it's also useful for those who are short on time. There's a free email micro-mag every 2 weeks to try to keep you on track and usually a podcast too. Well worth signing up for... (go on, click the link and leave me...)

So Sand the point of this post is...? Well, Michael suggests splitting tasks into 20 minute chunks...kind of. You need to click on his name above to read the post I'm referring to. So I regularly set a timer on my pc or whatever for 20 -30 minutes, but when it goes off I have a habit of ignoring it... Not good eh? A quick surf around and I ordered this,

Now then, would you ignore this cat? It has a very loud hard to ignore tick and jangles jumpingly when the times up. Alas it doesn't KEEP ringing which would be best for me, (you know, put it out of reach so it doesn't stop till you stop and get up to deal with it) but it is definitely harder to ignore than the feeble thing I have on my laptop.

Now of course I just need to remember to use it...properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive